NIC Certification Process
June 23, 2016, RID established the Center for the Assessment of Sign Language Interpretation, LLC (CASLI) to take over the administration and ongoing development and maintenance of exams. Eligibility requirements and the credentialing of any and all individuals will remain the responsibility of RID. With this shift in responsibilities candidates will need to contact both RID and CASLI during different times in the certification process. For more information view RID's CASLI FAQ page.
- Review all pertinent NIC webpages on the CASLI website
- Apply for the NIC Knowledge Exam
- Pass the NIC Knowledge Exam
- Submit proof of meeting the educational requirement to RID
- Apply for the NIC Interview and Performance Exam
- Pass the NIC Interview and Performance Exam