Log in

Academic Coursework

Academic Coursework is a college course taken by an interpreter/transliterator at an accredited institution.  An interpreter may submit a request for PARID approval for these courses for RID CEUs on an individual basis.  

PARID Processing Fees:

Certified PARID Members - Complimentary

Associate PARID Members - Complimentary

Organizational PARID Members - Not Applicable

Student PARID Members - Not Applicable

Supporting PARID Members - Not Applicable

Non-PARID Members - $40/Item

Process for Academic Coursework

Academic units are intended to serve as a standard unit for credit for educational experiences from accredited institutions of higher learning.  This accreditation must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the U.S. or the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education in the European Union.  The acceptance of academic units recognizes individuals for their efforts to continue their learning in higher education and to pursue a degree.  Academic units will be converted to CEUs.

Calculation of CEUs: Academic credit is converted on the basis of 

  • 1-quarter credit hour equaling 10 contact hours (1 CEU)
  • 1 semester credit hour equaling 15 contact hours (1.5 CEUs).

Process to received CEUs for Academic Coursework

  1. Submit the completed Academic Coursework Activity Report to

  2. Submit relevant materials for the sponsor to determine Content Area (e.g., course outline, syllabus, or catalog).

  3. Upon completion of the academic activity, the participant shall send the Sponsor a copy of their print or online grade report or transcript. 

  4. Successful completion is defined as receiving a passing grade of C (2.0 GPA) or better.

Academic Coursework Activity Report

PARID is approved by the RID CMP to approve Continuing Education Activities.

Contact for questions.

 PA Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (PARID)  

744 South Street #750    Philadelphia PA 19147

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software